33rd Annual Conference
You are cordially invited to attend the 33rd Annual Undergraduate Biology Research Program (UBRP) Conference to be held in person on Saturday, January 22, 2022 from 8:30am – 12:00pm in the Environment and Natural Resources 2 Building (1064 E. Lowell Street) at the University of Arizona main campus in Tucson!
The event schedule will be:
8:30 - 9:30am: Keynote talk: "Teaching Old Machines New Activities: Engineering Cellular Protein Translation for New-to-Nature Functions" by Dr. Ahmed Badran, Assistant Professor of Chemistry at The Scripps Research Institute, and alumnus of UBRP and Beckman Scholars Program.
9:30 - 11:30am: Poster presentations by UBRP participants. Come learn about the amazing research students are conducting at UArizona!
11:35am - 12:00pm: Recognition, awards, and closing remarks. We will recognize our graduating seniors, UBRP Ambassador officers, and Outstanding Mentor awardees.
The annual UBRP Conference free and open to all interested! Free parking will be available in the Sixth Street Parking Garage, located directly east of the venue. Visitors, please register in advance here; student presenters do not need to register.
Visitors may still take part in the UBRP Conference if they do not wish to attend the event in person. Students’ posters and abstracts will soon be made available online on this site, and visitors will be welcome to contact them directly with questions. The keynote talk will be recorded and made available for viewing on this page after the event.
Safety Precautions for the UBRP Conference
Per UArizona’s Face Coverings Policy (https://covid19.arizona.edu/face-coverings) and Events and Gathering Guidelines (https://covid19.arizona.edu/our-plan/events), UBRP has developed safety protocols for this in-person event:
- All attendees are to wear surgical masks or higher-grade masks in all indoor spaces, and are strongly encouraged to wear masks outdoors as well.
- To minimize gathering, registration for visitors is fully online; student presenters do not need to register.
- Physical distancing will be promoted in the ENR2 N120 auditorium.
- The full event program will be accessible online. Printed abbreviated programs will be available at the venue for those interested.
- Poster presenters will be stationed at least 6’ from each other.
- Directional signs will be provided for traffic flow in poster session rooms.
- Food and drinks will be served outdoors and snacks will be individually wrapped. No food and drinks are allowed in indoor spaces.