A Parasitology Research Experience in the Czech Republic for University of Arizona Students
Spend 10 weeks in the Czech Republic (May 20 – July 28, 2018) conducting research under the mentorship of scientists at the Institute of Parasitology at the Czech Academy of Sciences (http://www.paru.cas.cz/en/) in the city of České Budějovice! Research areas include protistology, helminthology, and medical entomology. This experience also includes a professional development seminar and cultural activities.
Prozkoumat! participants are required to take a course during the spring 2018 semester in preparation for the trip:
- REQUIRED – Preparation for International Research Experience (MCB 396j), Wednesdays, 3 – 4:50 pm
- Interested in biomedical research
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; Math and Science GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three months of previous laboratory research experience preferred
- Apply through the University of Arizona Study Abroad site at: <https://global.arizona.edu/study-abroad/program-search> (scroll down to the Prozkoumat! Program)
- Interviews will be held starting November 29, 2017.
- Participants will be notified by December 6, 2017.
Letter(s) of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation from the scientist in whose lab the student has worked that includes his/her assessment of the applicant’s emotional maturity and scientific sophistication and readiness for an international research experience (due as part of the Prozkoumat application, by 5 pm on Monday, November 27). If the student does not have previous bench research experience, this letter should come from a UA STEM faculty member who can speak to the student’s emotional maturity and scientific sophistication.
Unofficial Transcripts should uploaded to the application no later than the application deadline of Monday, November 27 at 5 pm.
This is a fee based program. Estimated program cost to the student (inclusive of cost of credit hours, housing, and supplemental health insurance) is $ 3,800. Students are responsible for airfare and meals.