A Parasitology Research Experience in the Czech Republic for University of Arizona Students
Spend 10 weeks in the Czech Republic (May 21 – July 29, 2017) conducting research under the mentorship of scientists at the Institute of Parasitology at the Czech Academy of Sciences (http://www.paru.cas.cz/en/) in the city of České Budějovice! Research areas include protistology, helminthology, and medical entomology. This experience also includes a professional development seminar and cultural activities.
Prozkoumat! participants are required to take a course during the spring 2017 semester in preparation for the trip:
- REQUIRED – Preparation for International Research Experience (MCB 396j), Wednesdays, 3 – 4:50 pm
- Interested in biomedical research
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; Math and Science GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three months of previous full time laboratory research experience
- Application (click on “Log into UBRP Online” link at the top right of the website and create an account) and all supplementary materials are due to UBRP office by November 28, 2016 at 5 pm.
- Interviews will be held starting December 1, 2016.
- Participants will be notified by December 15, 2016.
Letter(s) of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation from the scientist in whose lab the student has accrued three months of full time bench research experience that includes his/her assessment of the applicant’s emotional maturity and scientific sophistication and readiness for an international research experience (due in the UBRP office no later than November 28, 2016). This letter should be submitted electronically by the reference writer; instructions included in the application. Alternatively the letter can be sent via e-mail to Carol Bender at email@example.com.
Official Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Attn: Prozkoumat Program
- 1007 E Lowell St, Rm 348
- Tucson, AZ 85721-0106
This is a fee based program. Estimated program cost to the student (inclusive of cost of credit hours, housing, and supplemental health insurance) is $ 3,800. Students also are responsible for airfare and meals.